Straight Talk and Net10 now offering LTE with supported phones

Discussion in 'Prepaid News' started by Jason A, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Jason A

Jason A Prepaid Expert

Tracfone's Straight Talk and Net10 brands are now selling AT&T SIM cards that supports LTE speeds.

You can buy Straight Talk AT&T LTE SIM cards for $6.99 at http://www.straighttalkbyop.com/
    [​IMG]

$4.99 for Net10 AT&T SIM cards at http://www.net10byop.com/
    [​IMG]

These SIM cards can be used with unlocked GSM devices, but you will need an LTE capable device to get LTE speeds. Devices such as the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One, LG Optimus G, Nokia Lumia 920 and other LTE capable devices.

The SIMs require activation on unlimited talk, text and data plan which cost $45 on Straight Talk and $50 on Net10.

It may not be even necessary to buy a new SIM to get LTE speeds on Straight Talk and Net10. A user from Howard Forums reported the he started getting LTE speeds on his two Samsung Galaxy Express phones with a Straight AT&T SIM card that was purchased some time ago.

It's a really good deal that both Straight Talk and Net10 started offering LTE on their SIM cards but customers should be aware that the advertised "unlimited" data is not really unlimited. Both companies may throttle or even cut off your data if usage is considered excessive.

What I'm really excited about is now that Straight Talk and Net10 have LTE, other MVNOs will follow and will be getting LTE access soon.

Questions? Let me know with a comment below.

By: Jason A
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jack

jack New Member

I thought it was only AT&T SIM's. A really good deal.
  3. Jaydee

Jaydee New Member

Me too, read about this last week but only said AT&T sim cards.
  4. trynda

trynda New Member

Thanks for the info! I don't have an lte phone though. lol