Discussion in 'General Prepaid Discussion' started by roland32, May 6, 2013.
Hey, so I decided to get simple mobile. Can I use my unlocked iphone 4s?
Yes, you can use your 4s over to simple mobile. Do you already have a micro-SIM?
no SIM yet, will order later. if I bring my iphone, will internet and MMS work? Heard others having problems with those when bringing a device over a carrier.
micro-SIM is $12.99. Yes, it will. As long as APN settings is configured properly. I can help you with that. What iOS version do you have?
yeah, thanks.. sweet, I have iOS 6.1
Here you go:
1. Go to "Settings", tap on WiFi and temporarily turn it OFF
2. Back in "Settings", scroll down to "Messages" and tap to open it. Make sure MMS is OFF
3. Go back to "Settings", tap on "General" and then "Cellular". Make sure "Enable 3G" is OFF & "Data Roaming" is ON.
4. Scroll down & tap on "Cellular Data Network"
5. Under "Cellular Data Network" put in the following:
6. Cellular Data APN: simple
MMS APN: simple
MMS Proxy: 18.104.22.168:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
Leave all other fields blank
7. Click on the Home button to go back to the main phone screen
8. Go back to "Settings" one more time, scroll down and tap on "Messages" and turn it ON
9. Press the Home button and you're set to send & receive MMS on SIMPLE Mobile!
10. Once you have set it up and tested to see it works, you can re-enable WiFi, turn off Data Roaming and turn on 3G (or leave it off if you're not in a 3G area for AT&T devices on our network).
awesome.. thanks! will set it up when I get the SIM and will be back here in case of problems.
sure, come back anytime.
your title says spot, but you decided simple mobile?? lol
opps, my bad. was confused. thanks for the correction.
Separate names with a comma.